Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Location: Washington D.C.
The Center for Workforce Inclusion is recruiting for a position within the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program which provides support to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in Washington, DC. Successful candidates must meet the age criteria of being 55 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States. Selected candidates will also be required to undergo a federal security background check.
This position will provide administrative support to the Sustainable and Healthy Communities (SHC) and assist the Immediate Office (IO) staff with general office support.
- Serve as primary administrative contact for the IO and Associate Center Director (ACD)s, prepare/review documents and presentations for accuracy, assists other staff during peak workloads and on special projects. Assists the IO with general administrative needs including scheduling, travel, other duties as assigned.
- Assists in tracking and coordination during research planning and implementation, including engagement as needed on development and clearance of materials for (SHC), Research Area Coordinator & Team (RACT) and NPD meetings.
- Enters products into the SHC tracking system and routs for review. Track’s completion of products, assists in development of materials for presentation of final product delivery (e.g., compendium, PowerPoint).
- Prepare/formalize various forms; coordinates orientation, works with immediate office and ACDs on scheduling meetings and appointments, sends notices, assists with SHC-wide meetings and events coordination
- Receives visitors and telephone calls. Maintains office files and lists (such as emergency contact info).
- Performs photocopying, faxing, scanning, shredding, and mailing. Hand carries documents within buildings, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates must meet the age criteria of being 55 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States; able to pass a Federal Background check; HS diploma/GED; minimum of 10 years’ experience in office or administrative environment/office manager or similar role. Organization skills oral and written communication skills, extensive experience with MS Office Suite (Teams/Outlook) or similar package a plus.
Full-Time position working 40 hours per week @ $15.20 per hour, plus benefits including paid health insurance and generous vacation, sick and holidays.
E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line of email: Please type Administrative Assistant
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Center for Workforce Inclusion provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.