Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
The Center for Workforce Inclusion is recruiting for a Computer Systems Engineer / Technician position in the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program (55 or older) to work at the National Vehicle and Fuel Emissions Laboratory operated by the Environmental Protection Agency based in Ann Arbor Michigan.
Calling all candidates with a passion and dedication in cleaning the air we breathe, improving the Environment we enjoy, and saving thousands of Americans from poor air quality contributing to chronic lung disease. You possess a multitude of skills gained by a dedication to technology and experience applying your skills to solutions development. This is your chance to offer your acquired skills and abilities to America’s premier Emissions Laboratory, which will directly impact the American People for the betterment of current and future generations.
This position will assist the Testing and Advanced Technology Division’s Information Management Center (IMC). The required candidate will devote various technical abilities to support a highly-skilled workforce composed of Data Scientists, Mechanical Engineers, Application Developers, and high-performance computational modeling teams. Duties include:
- Supporting laboratory infrastructure operations in coordination with Federal System Administrators.
- Scientific Workstation / Server repair via manufacturer warranty and/or in-house spare parts inventories.
- Performing systems monitoring using industry-leading environmental monitoring systems.
- Aid with Information System projects.
- Develop and/or update system documentation based on solutions development and quality assurance.
- Conduct inventory of critical Information Systems to support security compliance.
- Network and KVM switch system maintenance and operations.
- Maintenance & operation of disk-to-disk & tape backup systems.
Must be able to pass a Federal Background check; Age 55+; BA/BS, preferably with a major or minor in Computer Science Engineering, Mathematics or Physical Sciences; 5 years of related experience in computer science; previous training in Systems Administration, DBA, Software development, IT project management and/or implementation; Proficient in MS Office products.
Full‐ Time position working up to 40 hours per week @ $26,457 year (12.72 per hour), plus benefits including employer-paid health insurance and generous vacation/sick/holiday leave.
E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line of email: Please type – Test Computer Systems Engineer / Technician
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Center for Workforce Inclusion provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.