Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) OPEN POSITION
Location: Cincinnati, OH
The Center for Workforce Inclusion is recruiting for an HR Executive Specialist position within the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program which provides support to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in Cincinnati, OH. Successful candidates must meet the age criteria of being 55 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States. Selected candidates will also be required to undergo a federal security background check.
This position requires a person with a wide range and depth of knowledge in the area of Human Resources, technical executive level support in a variety of operations and program specific functions. Candidate should possess demonstrated skills and abilities that include analyzing, researching, evaluating and training. Assignments of this position involve full performance of analytical, evaluative and independent work.
- Research and evaluate laws, regulations and policies to develop various documents and training materials, such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), memorandums, briefings, presentations and correspondence.
- Develop strategies and make recommendations on improving processes for projects, such as SharePoint, PD library, e-OPF, SF-1150s, Performance Appraisals and Recognition System (PARS),
- Provide training on the use of automated HR systems and applications, such as eOPF, SharePoint, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Conduct quality review of work and develop strategies to improve performance, ensure compliance with regulatory and Human Resources Shared Service Center (HRSSC) guidance and established procedures.
- Provide advisory services and recommendations on Human Resources program areas.
- Perform research and data gathering to ensure data Example: Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the HRSSC staff.
- Review actions for quality assurance; identify and assess errors and initiate corrective action.
- Provide guidance to AAShip and Regional employees on Staffing and Benefit related issues.
- Develop spreadsheets, assist with various report gathering, review and analyze data for projects as
- Prepare and review correspondence such as, Internal Guidance Memorandums (IGM), SOPs, volunteer letters, position descriptions and memorandums for the Director, Deputy Director and/or Branch
- Monitor and maintain the Director, Deputy Director and/or Branch Chiefs Outlook calendars to include, handling meeting Initiate, organize and/or schedule video/audio conference calls and daily meetings.
- Exercise strong Microsoft Office processing and related formatting skills in developing a variety of correspondence and other documents pertinent to Human
- Assist the staff with compiling, coordinating, scanning and entering data into various HR
- Monitor designated email boxes within the HRSSC and respond to or take necessary action.
- Assist with evaluating and uploading documents to SharePoint and OneDrive.
Perform office duties to include answering and responding to phone calls, scanning, filing, photocopying, shredding, sorting/distributing/sending mail, preparing packages for overnight mailing and delivery, confirms delivery and updates tracking log.
Successful candidates must meet the age criteria of being 55 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States; able to pass a Federal Background check; possess a degree in HR or experience. Must have the ability to use Windows XP, MS Word, MS Excel; Prime candidates are self-starters with strong communication and customer relation skills. Must demonstrate ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and provide high level of customer service to internal and external customers.
Full-Time position working 40 hours per week ($13.50 per hour until 10/1/2021 – $15.00), plus benefits including paid health insurance and generous vacation/ sick/holiday leave.
E-mail resume to: email@example.com. Subject Line of email: Please type HR Executive Specialist.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Center for Workforce Inclusion provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.