Experienced Services Program (ESP) National Park Service (NPS)
Location: Remote Position
The Center for Workforce Inclusion is recruiting for a Landscape Architect/Planner position in the National Park Service’s (NPS) Experienced Services Program (ESP). The program is designed to connect experienced workers, age 55 or older, with fulfilling and challenging opportunities at national parks and program offices that protect, conserve, and preserve our nation’s valuable natural, cultural, historical, and recreational resources.
This is a remote position that will assist the NPS-Rivers, Trails and Conservation Assistance Program in providing technical planning and design assistance on conservation and outdoor recreation projects in South Carolina, Tennessee, and Alabama, although not limited to just these locations. Travel will be required for site visits, fieldwork, and/or workshops.
Support the Regional Program Manager and program staff with conservation and outdoor recreation community assistance project work.
- Participation as a project team member providing technical planning and/or landscape design assistance and coordination (such as but not limited to conceptual trail planning, park planning/design, river access, water trail development).
- Organize and conduct planning/design workshops, events, and facilitate in-person and virtual meetings.
- Community and public engagement in the planning and design process.
- Prepare written and graphic materials, designs, and mapping to communicate with public and professional audiences.
- Communicate frequently with representatives of public agencies and non-profits in the community and at local, state, and national forums.
The successful candidate must be highly collaborative and a self-starter, age 55 or older; possess a bachelor’s degree (masters preferred) in a relevant field; 10 years of related experience; knowledge of outdoor recreation or community planning and design with experience at facilitation, partnership development, community outreach and engagement, project management and planning; access to a personal computer and reliable WiFi for video conferencing that supports using MS Teams is required (work-from-home position); proficient in MS Office products.
Part‐time position working an average of 24 hours per week @ $50.00 per hour.
E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line of email: Please type – Landscape Architect-Planner.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Center for Workforce Inclusion provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.