Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Location: New York, NY
For more information about program levels, please refer to the SEE Program Levels
The Center for Workforce Inclusion is recruiting for a position within the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program which provides support to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in New York, NY. Successful candidates must meet the age criteria of being 55 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States. Selected candidates will also be required to undergo a federal security background check.
This position requires a wide range of depth and knowledge in the area of Communications, Records Management, Policy and Training. This position requires technical executive level support to the Region 2 Media Relations office in a variety of operations and program specific functions.
- Utilize analytical and technical skills to effectively information systems and available web resources to process.
- Transmit and disseminate information in accordance with SOPs and practices.
- Develops outreach communications to daily media inquiries.
- Serve as daily morning news clips producer including special news clips packages.
- Maintain internal database for media inquiries.
- Coordinate correspondence for intergovernmental/Congressional responses.
- Prepare and review correspondence such as, internal Guidance Memorandums, SOPs, memorandums for the Division Director and Branch Chiefs.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the PAO staff.
- Develop spreadsheets, assist with various report gathering, review and analyze data for projects as assigned.
- Perform office duties to include answering and responding to phone calls, scanning, filing, photocopying, shredding, sorting/distributing/sending mail, preparing packages for overnight mailing and delivery, confirms delivery and updates tracking log.
- Review actions for quality assurance; identify and assess errors and initiate corrective action.
- Analyze and answer incoming calls from the general public coming into the Regional office on an 800 number and on a general public affairs line. This includes either answering the questions or directing the callers to appropriate EPA offices or other agencies. Using knowledge of the calls, update and refine a list of contacts for specific topics.
- Serve as back up to answer phones in the Office of the Regional Administrator, covering calls for the RA, DRA and Chief of Staff.
- Utilize analytical skills, judgement and technical skills to effectively utilize information systems and available web resources to process, transmit and disseminate information, in accordance with defined procedures, whether automated or manual.
Successful candidates must meet the age criteria of being 55 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States; able to pass a Federal Background check; minimum of 10 years’ experience in communications, administrative environment. BA Degree and/or college courses in communications or related field.
Part-Time position working 15 hours per week @ $15.00 per hour, vacation and sick leave.
E-mail resume to: email@example.com. Subject Line of email: Please type Media Relations Support Specialist.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Center for Workforce Inclusion provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.