Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Location: Washington, DC
The Center for Workforce Inclusion is recruiting for a position within the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program which provides support to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in Washington, DC. Successful candidates must meet the age criteria of being 55 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States. Selected candidates will also be required to undergo a federal security background check.
This position requires paralegal support to the Office Administrative Law Judges division.
• Prepares orders for ALJ’s signature; review and analyze case files
• Prepare memos, drafts procedural history of cases, and summary of parties arguments
• Prepares procedural orders, and written correspondence to parties in cases pending before the ALJs
• Conducts ex parte calls with the parties regarding settlements, financial discussions, and scheduling follow up conference calls;
• Uses computerized legal research systems including Lexis, Westlaw, and federal government websites
• Receive incoming mail, date stamp, distribute
• Prepare mailing labels for outgoing mail (USPS, Courier, Pouch, or UPS)
• Assist in answering phones, vetting inquiries to properly route, and vetting visitor
• Assist in maintaining records, preparing reports, reviewing standard procedures
Successful candidates must meet the age criteria of being 55 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States; able to pass a Federal Background check; AA/ Certificate; 5 years of paralegal experience; database knowledge; basic legal terminology; strong communication skills (oral and written), willing to accept other duties as assigned; ability to lift boxes up to 40 lbs.; team player. Windows Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint).
Full-Time position working 40 hours per week @ $18.16 per hour, vacation, and sick leave.
E-mail resume to: email@example.com. Subject Line of email: Please type Paralegal
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Center for Workforce Inclusion provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.