U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Experienced Service Program (ESP)
Location: Virtual Position
Policy Analyst, Level IV
The Center for Workforce Inclusion is recruiting for a part-time Policy Analyst position within the Experience Service Program (ESP) that provides support to the United States Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service’s (FWS) Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program located in Falls Church, VA. FWS ESP positions provide temporary, project-based support.
The Policy Analyst position develops updated regulations for the Clean Vessel Act grant program and analyzes comments received during review and comment periods pre-rulemaking, and public comments once published in the Federal Register, and other associated duties as assigned.
• Write, edit, and amend regulations and/or policy drafts as required.
• Research, review, and evaluate legislation, policies, and prior scoping work.
• Liaise with stakeholders (local, state, federal) to determine needs and goals of policies and regulations.
• Gather data and produce and share reports on the qualitative and quantitative analysis. Propose suggestions to improve the effects of policies.
Successful candidates must meet the age criteria of being 55 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States; able to pass a Federal Background check; BA/BS or certificate; 5 years in policy work, (either writing, analyzing, or interpreting policies); experience with analyzing and drafting regulations and/or policies using the Federal Register. MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
• Proficient with Federal regulatory process preferred.
• Experience with analyzing or interpreting State and/or Federal regulations a plus.
• Ability to work and research independently, a self-starter.
• High organizational and time-management skills with strong attention to detail.
• Able to read, digest, and synthesize complex information.
• Patience for study/focus on one subject for a long time.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good interpersonal and social skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Exceptional team player with a strong ability to contribute positively to a team environment.
Part-Time position working 20-25 hours per week @ $50 per hour.
E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line of email: Please type Policy Analyst.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Center for Workforce Inclusion provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.