Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) OPEN POSITION
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
The Center for Workforce Inclusion is recruiting for a position within the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program which provides support to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in Ann Arbor, MI. Successful candidates must meet the age criteria of being 55 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States. Selected candidates will also be required to undergo a federal security background check.
Provides Quality Control services identified by the National Vehicle and Fuel Emissions Laboratory (NVFEL) in the areas of engine and vehicle testing for compliance and certification testing, including:
- Perform data and test process quality audits.
- Perform assessment reviews of technical staff on defined written laboratory procedures.
- Assist with the evaluation, technical development and release of written quality procedures and documentation.
- Implement and conduct statistical control measures of test processes to ensure conformance to the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) requirements.
- Validate through controlled technical inspections the completion of equipment calibration and trace evidence to national standards.
- Support the maintenance and scope expansion of ISO-17025 accreditation.
- Assist with training of technical staff on the contemporary concepts of quality control/assurance.
- Independently complete special projects and provide services offered by the quality group.
Successful candidates must meet the age criteria of being 55 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States; able to pass a Federal Background check; BA/BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Chemical Engineering (preferred) or any Technical or Automotive Trade School Associate Degree (permitted); Knowledge of Quality Control techniques; knowledge of the Federal Code of Regulations (CFR) for vehicle and engine emissions testing (understanding the regulatory process and requirements will substitute); knowledge of ISO-17025 and/or ISO-9000; knowledge of vehicle and/or engine emission control systems and testing; metrology background or chemistry lab familiarity is a plus; possess professional verbal and written communication skills; proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
Full‐ Time position working up to 40 hours per week @ $26,457 year (12.72 per hour), plus benefits including employer-paid health insurance and generous vacation/sick/holiday leave.
E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line of email: Please type – Quality Analyst.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Center for Workforce Inclusion provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.