Test Process Documentation Specialist – Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) OPEN POSITION
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
The Center for Workforce Inclusion is recruiting for a position within the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program which provides support to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in Ann Arbor, MI. Successful candidates must meet the age criteria of being 55 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States. Selected candidates will also be required to undergo a federal security background check.
Perform a variety of Quality Control functions identified within the EPA’s National Vehicle and Fuel Emissions Laboratory (NVFEL) in the areas of engine and vehicle testing for compliance and certification testing and associated chemistry lab operations, including:
- Advanced level interpretive work related to the creation, evaluation, editing, revising, and publishing of written quality procedures and documentation.
- Technical development includes analytical research and in-depth analysis of the information provided, drawing conclusions, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Perform data and test process quality audits.
- Perform assessment reviews of technical staff on defined written laboratory procedures.
- Implement and conduct statistical control measures of test processes to ensure conformance to the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) requirements.
- Support the maintenance and scope expansion of ISO-17025 accreditation.
- Independently complete special projects and provide services offered by the quality group.
Successful candidates must meet the age criteria of being 55 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States; able to pass a Federal Background check; BA/BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Chemical Engineering (preferred) or any Technical or Automotive Trade School Associate Degree (permitted); Familiarity with technical writing or document development; ability to translate complex technical information into electronic documentation format; strong proficiency using Microsoft Office applications; skills related to the use of quality control tools and systems; knowledge of ISO-17025 and/or ISO-9000; knowledge of vehicle and/or engine emission control systems and testing; metrology background or chemistry lab familiarity is a plus; possess strong professional verbal and written communication skills.
Full‐ Time position working up to 40 hours per week @ $26,457 year (12.72 per hour), plus benefits including employer paid health insurance and generous vacation/sick/holiday leave.
E-mail resume to: email@example.com. Subject Line of email: Please type – Test Process Documentation Specialist.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Center for Workforce Inclusion provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.