Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services (ACES) Program US Forest Service (FS)
Location: Gorham, NH
Timber Sales Administration Trainer
The Center for Workforce Inclusion is recruiting for a Timber Sales Administration Trainer position in the Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services (ACES) Program (55 or older) to work at the White Mountain National Forest, Androscoggin Ranger District in Gorham, NH.
As an individual considered an expert in the field of Timber Sales Administration, trains and coaches Forest Service employees performing duties covering the entire array Timber Sales Administration activities, including:
- Mentors and advises Timber Sales Administrators and Timber Staff in the process of field inspections of purchaser operations.
- Reviews timber sale statements or accounts prepared by Timber Sales Administrators to ensure sufficiency and accuracy of assessments; advises on activities and methods to make improvements.
- Provides guidance and advice in the review and assessment of timber sale contracts and pre-sale data to determine sufficiency and viability.
- Shadows and reviews work of Timber Sales Administrators as they inspect work for compliance with contract specifications and provisions, prepare service contracts, and ensure contractual obligations are met before recommending sale closure.
- Trains Forest Service employees to conduct timber sales administration activities.
55 years of age or older; minimum 15 years of related experience; a valid driver’s license; ability to coordinate and conduct timber sale administration duties; knowledge of federal timber sale contracts and contracting procedures; knowledge of forestry land management theories, concepts, and practices; skill in communication and interpersonal relations; proficiency in MS Office products.
Part‐time position working up to 16 hours per week @ $35.00 per hour.
E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line of email: Please type – Timber Sales Administration Trainer.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Center for Workforce Inclusion provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.