National Park Service’s (NPS)
Location: Remote Position
The Center for Workforce Inclusion has an open position in the National Park Service’s (NPS) Experienced Services Program (ESP). The ESP program is designed to connect experienced workers, age 55 or older, with fulfilling and challenging opportunities at national parks and program offices that protect, conserve, and preserve our nation’s valuable natural, cultural, historical, and recreational resources.
The NPS-Rivers, Trails and Conservation Assistance (RTCA) Program is recruiting for a virtual Writer/Editor/Graphic designer producing three River Town Review reports, a summary report, toolkit, and related promotional pieces/infographics.
Coordinate with NPS-RTCA project managers in writing and preparing natural disaster recovery plans. Duties and responsibilities of the position include:
- Responsible for writing some narrative, supported by results, photos, maps and resources, to produce three River Town Review Reports following an existing report template, but improving as necessary.
- Producing a summary report of the River Town Review program and all 12 reports done to date.
- Producing a toolkit from pieces created and refined during the year-long River Town Review process. This toolkit would be unified graphically and written generally so it could be used as a whole or in parts by any community.
- Specifically add to and improve the design of the resources document in the appendix. Provide more relevant impact and idea resources for promoting recreation and connecting communities.
- Creating promotional pieces for the above products that succinctly describe each component. This could include one-page flyers, infographics, social media posts, stories, and community examples for the River Town Reviews.
The successful candidate must be age 55 or older; possess a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; have substantial experience as a professional writer, editor, graphic designer, and communications; skilled in compiling and summarizing material in non-technical language; adept at presenting materials in a graphically pleasing and useable format. This is remote work, access to a computer and reliable Wi-Fi for video conferencing is required; must be proficient in MS Office applications, graphic software, and the transfer of products into different media forms.
Temporary, part‐time position working an average of 20 hours per week @ $50.00 per hour.
E-mail resume to: email@example.com. Subject Line of email: Please type – RTCA ORRT.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Center for Workforce Inclusion provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.