Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services (ACES) Program US Forest Service (FS)
Location: Virtual Position
The Center for Workforce Inclusion is recruiting for a Writer position in the Forest Service’s Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services (ACES) Program (55 or older) to work with the U. S. Forest Service’s National Construction Certification Program (NCCP).
Assist in the development and finalization of Forest Service sponsored training materials for the National Construction Certification Program (NCCP) and provide in hard copy format (with electronic files) that is 508-compliant.
The work includes converting NCCP training content to 508-compliant publishable course – 16-hour Public Works course. Including, but not limited to:
- Accept materials in format of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.
- Transition accepted materials to publishable software common to the Forest Service (MS Word)
- Supplement accepted materials with technical writing, editing, spelling checks and correcting to create a 16-hour course
- Break out 16 hours of coursework into sub-courses
- Course final product to be 508 compliant
- Develop interim knowledge checks throughout coursework
- Develop capstone certification test that is gradable, giving the learner a pass/fail status
- Proof-read, edit, correct, etc. material
The successful candidate must be age 55 or older; possess a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; 10 years relevant experience in related field; Proficient in MS Office applications; Professional writer/editor with expertise in grammar, spelling, presentation organization; have experience in 508 compliance; prior Forest Service certification as NCCP PW COR and or NCCP ER is desirable.
Part‐time position @ $40.00 per hour.
E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line of email: Please type – Writer
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Center for Workforce Inclusion provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.