The Forest Service Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services (FS-ACES) Program offers individuals 55 and older temporary paid assignments to provide technical services for conservation-related programs and authorities carried out on National Forest Service land. The FS-ACES Program supports the work of U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA’s) Forest Service. The 2008 Farm Bill (Section 1252) established the ACES Program. The authority was extended to the Forest Service in the 2014 Farm Bill (Section 8302).
The Center for Workforce Inclusion administers the FS-ACES Program as one of two national nonprofit organizations selected by the Forest Service. After qualified applicants are selected through the Center’s application process, the Forest Service staff oversees the work activities of FS-ACES Enrollees while the Center provides payroll, time record maintenance, record keeping, and administrative support. FS-ACES Enrollees are not employees of US Forest Service.
To be eligible, you must be at least 55 years old and legally eligible to work in the United States.
Enrollees may work up to 29 hours per week.
By law, FS-ACES Enrollees cannot displace or reduce the non-overtime hours, wages, or employment benefits of US Forest Service employees; perform work of US Forest Service employees who are in a layoff status from the same or a substantially-equivalent job or function; or affect existing contracts for services.
Follow the link to browse a list of current openings and apply to vacant positions in our FS-ACES Program.
- Chris Garland, Senior Director of Workforce Development and Programs
- Sarah (Branch) Wright, ESP Business Partner
- Jenny Bivens, ESP Business Partner
- Dan Kerr, Payroll Specialist
- Metropolitan Travel:
- 703-941-8186 or 1-800-662-6363
- Metropolitan Travel after hours helpline:
- FS-ACES Program General Information
- Forest Service Regional Map
This is an information tool for the purpose of acquainting Enrollees and FS-ACES Monitors with the policies, procedures, benefits, and restrictions affecting Enrollee participation in the FS-ACES Program.
- Notice of Personnel (NPA) Action PDF or Word
- First Report of Injury Form
- Medical Monitoring Agreement PDF or Word
Travel Forms & Information
- Payroll Schedule
- Direct Deposit – Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Authorization
- Time Cards and Instructions
- Overtime Authorization