The US Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) Experienced Services Program (ESP) provides skilled, experienced workers, age 55 and older, on a temporary, project-specific basis to help achieve the FWS’s mission of conserving the nature of America. Skilled and experienced older Americans have an opportunity to contribute their talents and knowledge toward conservation of the nation’s natural and cultural resources.
The Center for Workforce Inclusion administers the FWS-ESP Program as one of two non-governmental organizations competitively selected by the FWS. After qualified applicants are onboarded through the Center’s recruitment/selection process, the FWS staff oversees the work activities of Enrollees while the Center provides payroll and time record maintenance, benefit oversight, record keeping, and administrative support. FWS-ESP Enrollees are not employees of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
To be eligible, you must be at least 55 years old and legally eligible to work in the United States.
By law, FWS-ESP Enrollees cannot displace or reduce the non-overtime hours, wages, or employment benefits of U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s employees; perform work of employees who are in a layoff status from the same or substantially equivalent job or function; or affect existing contracts for services. Enrollees cannot be assigned work that is inherently governmental.
Follow the link to browse a list of current openings and apply to vacant positions in our FWS-ESP Program.
- Chris Garland, Senior Director of Workforce Development and Programs
- Sarah (Branch) Wright, ESP Business Partner
- Jenny Bivens, ESP Business Partner
- Dan Kerr, Payroll Specialist
- Metropolitan Travel:
- 703-941-8186 or 1-800-662-6363
- Metropolitan Travel after hours helpline:
FWS-ESP Handbook PDF
This is an information tool for the purpose of acquainting Enrollees and Monitors with the policies, procedures, benefits, and restrictions affecting Enrollee participation in the FWS-ESP Program.
- Notice of Personnel (NPA) Action PDF or Word
- First Report of Injury Form
- Medical Monitoring Agreement PDF or Word
Travel Forms & Information
- Payroll Schedule
- Direct Deposit – Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Authorization
- Time Cards and Instructions
- Overtime Authorization