The National Park Service Experienced Services Program (NPS-ESP) offers individuals 55 and older temporary paid assignments to support and augment the capacity of the NPS to meet itsʹ mission, goals and objectives in areas where it lacks suﬃcient expertise, technical skills and/or capacity. Working with the Center for Workforce Inclusion (an ESP provider since 2008), the NPS uses the ESP to add capacity quickly and to support Federal workers working to sustain park operations. The ESP also provides NPS with additional capacity to respond to unexpected events and issues that can occur.
The Center for Workforce Inclusion administers the Experienced Services Program as a national nonprofit organization selected by the National Park Service. After qualified applicants are selected through the Center’s application process, the NPS staff oversees the work activities of ESP Enrollees while the Center provides payroll, time record maintenance, record keeping, and administrative support.
To be eligible, you must be at least 55 years old and legally eligible to work in the United States.
By law, ESP Enrollees cannot displace or reduce the non-overtime hours, wages, or employment benefits of NPS employees; perform work of NPS employees who are in a layoff status from the same or a substantially-equivalent job or function; or affect existing contracts for services.
Follow the link to browse a list of current openings and apply to vacant positions in our NPS-ESP Program.
- Chris Garland, Senior Director of Workforce Development and Programs
- Sarah (Branch) Wright, ESP Business Partner
- Jenny Bivens, ESP Business Partner
- Dan Kerr, Payroll Specialist
- Metropolitan Travel:
- 703-941-8186 or 1-800-662-6363
- Metropolitan Travel after hours helpline:
- Notice of Personnel (NPA) Action PDF or Word
- First Report of Injury Form
- Medical Monitoring Agreement PDF or Word
Travel Forms & Information
- Payroll Schedule
- Direct Deposit – Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Authorization
- Time Cards and Instructions
- Overtime Authorization